26 September 2013

DAIRY OF A SEX ADDICT

                                                                            

A leopard can’t change its spots. This old saying is true of leopards, but is it also true of 
people? Particularly those with sexual spotted lives? . . . .Many times we hear “You’ll never 
change”. Many females hear, “you are a bad seed”. .. Do you think it’s possible for people to change? The bible says, “With God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26). Even if we feel that our minds and hearts are defiled, Lets also remember that our God is our Redeemer------he is our deliverer  “You have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling; I will walk before the lord in the land of the living (psalm 116:8-9)


        

                 QUESTIONS OF THE MIND?

Q: “can those who have been caught in the snare of sexual addiction be set free?”                                                                                                                           
   Yes! God’s word gives absolute assurance that anyone can be set free. . . .For who the son of God has set free is free indeed! My eyes are ever toward the lord. For he will pluck my feet out of the net”

Q: Although I am a Christian, I still have a problem with lust. Now that I know God loves me and has given me eternal life, having theses desires makes me even feel worse. Why do I want to do these things that I know are wrong?
        Apostle Paul spoke to this very problem in Romans 7:21-24, he said “I find it to be a law that when I want to do what is right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God ,in my inner being, but I see in my members(body) another law  waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members(body).Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from thinks body of death?”. . . .

ANS: JESUS CHRIST will. . . .Rely on the spirit of Christ who lives inside of you, to be the only source of power for change . . . . . accept him as your personal lord and savior; he will give you the aid you need to overcome the flesh. “You however are not of the flesh but of the spirit, if in fact the spirit of God dwells in you.”(Romans 8:9)  “whatever overcomes a person ,to that he is enslaved.,”(2 Peter 2:19)



THE PATHWAY TO SEX ADDICTION
CURIOSITY: A seemingly harmless temptation (as the devil would put it to convince and confuse) to look at sexual objects, things, humans (male or female) . . . (James 1:14)

ADDICTION: A recurring stimulus in the brain. When a person experiences significant stimulation, the hormone epinephrine is secreted into the blood stream by the adrenal gland. Epinephrine stamps emotional memories into the brain making them to get horny. These memories continue to surface regardless of the person’s desire to forget (Galatians 6:7)

MASTURBATION: A response of sexual self-comfort to relieve the arousal. This act becomes part of a sexual ritual. (1 Corinthians 6:12)

ACTING OUT: A compulsion to act out what has being seen and imagined after desensitizing because the visual experience

DESPAIR:  Utter disgust over the behavior and utter hopelessness to change (Romans 7:15) 


  

THE FREEDOM FORMULA.
Don’t focus on the negative combination. Living under the “law” never changes you. If you focus only on what you shouldn't do, you will be pulled more powerfully to do it (1 Corinthians 15:56)
FOCUS ON A POSITIVE COMBINATION.
*A NEW PURPOSE. . . “I want to reflect the character of Christ through what I see and do” (Romans 8:29)
*A NEW PRIORITY. . . “I will do whatever it takes to have a pure heart and a transformed life” (Romans 12:2)
*A NEW PLAN. . . ."I will rely on Christ’s strength, not on my own.” (Philippians 4:13)


THE PATHWAY TO PURITY.
Does the thought of purity seem impossible to you? God would never call you to be pure without giving you all that you need to be pure.

Participate in an accountability group dealing with sex addictions. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)

Uphold boundary lines that must be off limits. (Proverbs 27:12)

Rid yourself, your home, and your work of all sexually addictive items. (Isaiah 1:16-17)

Incorporate the power of Christ daily when temptations overwhelm you. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Take on positive habits of discipline, such as exercise, sports, regular sleep and new hobbies.   (Proverbs 10:17)

Yield your mind to meditating on and memorizing the scripture. (James 1:21)




flee from sexual immorality,every other sin a person commits is outside the body ,but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body (1 Corinthians 6:18) determine to let Jesus meet your needs and dedicate your life to the lord Jesus and he would take absolute control "he who calls you is faithful; he would surely do it (1 Thessalonians 5:24). . . . .we will rely on Christs strength not our own till our next online therapy Jesus loves you. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment